Wednesday, 11 November 2015

53) Petitioning The ECHR

7th April 2014

https://www.change.org/petitions/the-european-court-of-human-rights-with-regard-to-benefit-sanctions-uk-please-address-a-potential-breach-of-article-6-of-the-echr-legislation-the-right-to-a-fair-trial#share

32 people thus far and starting to gather momentum.

Petition to address the gross injustices in the current benefit system.

Sign and share if you feel similarly.

- dan

Now up to 77. Many thanks to LV and anyone else who has signed and/or shared this. This needs addressing badly. The courts in this country seem to be stalling on this issue, and in the mean-time many people are suffering, by not having the ability to feed and/or heat themselves. Basic human needs, that are required to exist.

The cherry on the cake so to speak with regards to the DWP is that they treat people who allegedly are not ASE (even though usually they are doing what is desired of them, according to the law) as "transgressors".

This is their own language, (i have a copy of the document) and frankly I think it shows just how sick a policy they operate.

The civil servants who operate, sanctioning people illegally, must truly believe that what they are doing is somehow righteous, and the bureaucratic use of terminology such as "transgressions" is I believe, playing on those sentiments.

However upon a previous encounter with the Jobcentre DWP employee, i realised that they are using plausible deniability with their own employees. I asked the employee, i was talking with, if he knew the law on the matter, with regard to ASE, he said "I do not need to know the law", i started trying to read him a copy of the law, and in response to this he tried to beckon security over. I was perfectly calm, as i believe in professionalism with regards to such things. And left of my own volition.

In the most recent encounter he stated that he was doing nothing illegal, and that he wouldn't be able to do it, if it was illegal. He mentioned that because there were "grey areas" in the law that this allowed the DWP to "adjust to meet the need of the individual".

I asked if he thought that these grey areas could possibly be abused, if for example a government wished to "seemingly reduce unemployment or to save money" (those being sanctioned are "off benefits" and thus as far as I'm aware no longer categorised as "unemployed" this will give the illusion that unemployment has been reduced". Or as mentioned those sanctioned are also as well as being thrown to the streets, no longer "burdening" the state.

I also mentioned to the "advisor" that I believe that the current policies are illegal, and that their are cases pending that will testify to this, but that the DWP policy is to "stall for time", and that in the mean-time the sanctioning you are carrying out will detrimentally effect many people, who are most in need of help at the moment.

Anyways i will keep an eye on this petition and once it reaches a 1,000 or so signatures, will be sure to approach media organisations, (for what its worth to try and draw more attention to it. In the meantime hopefully the number of shares will increase on facebook.

We shall see.


Although the owners of facebook, along with most other large media organisations will also have an agenda of their own.

Justice for all is a vital cause. Imho.
8 April at 23:51 · Like
LV How many sig does it require dan?
8 April at 23:55 · Like
Dan Kinobi Theres no limit i think L****
I think its probably better that way. Like i say when we reach a 1,000 (I'm feeling optimistic . I'll try and draw more light to it by approaching newspaper/media. But other than that. I dunno. I think we need a fair number of signatures to really catch the attention of the ECHR!
8 April at 23:57 · Like
LV Ok I'll do some more invites and share on some groups
8 April at 23:58 · Like
Dan Kinobi Fair play dudette. Many thanks. I raised the issue on the skwalker blog, seems to of gotten a few people on there to sign (and share hopefully).

Edited for spelling & Names Redacted 15/10/15

Original Source:- https://www.facebook.com/J3D15/posts/10152077904356089

No comments:

Post a Comment