Wednesday, 11 November 2015

69) Unreasonable/Intrusive HB form

18th July 2014 

EV 11

The document above is the declaration that one needs to sign in order to receive housing benefit. The highlighted asterix is a point i consider unreasonable, that need not be there at all in my opinion. It reads as follows

"I understand that you may use any information that i have provided in connection with this and any other claim for social security benefits that i have made or may make. You may give some information to other organisations, such as government departments, local authorities and private-sector companies such as banks and organisations that may lend me money, if the law allows this."

Dan Kinobi I made a point of exception about this before signing it.

It reads.. EV 12

"I do not understand what you mean when you say "Passing my information to private-sector companies, and banks and organisations that may lend me money, if the law allows this". Please clarify this point.

As i do not understand it, I can currently neither accept or dismiss this point.

Therefore i consider it an exemption to what i am currently signing.

I do wish to receive to receive (sic) social entitlement to housing benefit, however i do not wish to render void any protection under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I do not understand how sharing my personal information with third party corporations, is necessary to claiming housing benefits.
18 July at 15:06 · Like
Dan Kinobi Upon the government deciding to retrospectively cancel my housing benefit, i had to go down to the local housing department and make a separate claim for underlying entitlement, via the no viable income category.

In order to do this they stated that they desired a complete set of bank-statements from 24 Feb to July 6th. In order to ascertain if i had any income during this period.

In the air of transparency i was forth-coming with this request. However i voiced the fact that i did find it an invasive request. I mentioned how perhaps if they utilised such measures against the prime-minister, m.p's e.t.c. we wouldn't have the corruption we currently seemingly see.

I did not know the law on this specific matter, but was told that the claim would only go ahead with this information.

Again to me this seems contrary to our law and justice system.

If there is a suspicion of wrong-doing, i.e fraud e.t.c then attaining such information is understandable. However there must first be an angle/grounds to accuse someone.

I believe the angle used was well you haven't had jobseekers during this time, so how have you been supporting yourself?

The answer to this is, extremely frugally, selling the few possessions i own, and short-term borrowing of money.

Having financial black-out periods, during this time, equating to an unhealthy diet/lifestyle, and wondering where the next months rent is going to be coming from, could be, I'm sure others can appreciate, somewhat psychologically unsettling.

I try to make a point of standing up against such things, even in the face of adversity, because i believe such things to be wrong.
This has had a fairly detrimental effect on my life. But then it will have a very detrimental effect on everyone's life, if we don't all stand up against injustice, wherever we see it. In my opinion.
18 July at 15:44 · Like
Dan Kinobi I asked with regard to restarting my claim, "will there be another month delay as there was before?".

I was told it will be at least another 3 weeks before its restarted, due to delays.

Edited for spelling 28/10/15

Original Source:-https://www.facebook.com/J3D15/posts/10152283392176089

No comments:

Post a Comment