22nd October 2014
Well tribunal day and that was interesting and in some ways positive.
First off i get to the door. It's like a sodding airport or something, all thats missing is the automated gun turrets,i suspect they must currently be under maintenance.
Welcomed by a g4s security guard, who says he must search my belongings. I ask does he not require a police officer present in order to conduct a search he states that i "will not be coming any further into the building, unless he can have a look in my bag". I open the bag and allow him to look in.
He finds my camera case and looks inside. Low and behold a digital camera is lurking within.
He says "you cannot bring any recording device into the court rooms", i state that i would not be recording video, that i would be using it to record audio, in order to maintain accountability/transparency. And to transcribe the recording at a later date.
He says this is not a possibility. One of his colleagues comes along, who i then talk to. I discuss the fact that i would, failing the ability to personally document the occasion be requiring to use the in-house recording facilities, that are mentioned on the following link...
https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/stoke-on-trent-tribunal-hearing-centre
He mentions how for the employment tribunals there are video rooms available, but for the JSA related ones, no-one has seemingly requested any of yet.
I mention the page above (*i say type in stoke tribunals and find the relevant .gov page) and say "feel free to check it out, as i did not remember the specific hyperlink above.
I am told to discuss this matter with the clerk before the tribunal.
I head through the metal detector, temporarily render my camera to the tribunals lockers, and continue on to the waiting clerk.
I once again mention the fact that i would be desiring a recorded (audio) room, and mention the reasoning behind this, how i have been detailing all my encounters, and that it would look bad at this stage if this process were not open and transparent. I mention how i am temporarily willing to waive my right to privacy with regard to the tribunal hearing, in order to attain a measure of public accountability.
I am asked by the clerk to wait for a moment whilst she confers with the judge, and puts forward my request.
It is accepted.
I then proceed to the tribunal.
And shall write up a brief encounter of what happened at a later date.
I hope to access the recording of the entire encounter, in a couple of days time.
So will hopefully transpose the entire transcript onto here.
I will hear the outcome of the tribunal in about 2 working days according to the judge/magistrate.
Original Source:- https://www.facebook.com/J3D15/posts/10152477541621089
No comments:
Post a Comment